Thursday, November 13, 2008

Some Funny Things...

So the first funny thing happened on Tuesday night. Brent was getting into the airport at 11:30 pm (yeah like two hours after i would be in bed). So i had my sis come spend the night so i could leave to get him. I picked up Kaylea to have some girl time. Well since there is nothing to do on a weekday at 9:30 at night we decided to go to the airport and get some cookies at paradise and watch people. I was a lot of fun. So Brent texts me and says he just landed, so Kaylea and i went to the spot where he would be coming out from and hid behind this big pole. SO like 25 min later he still hadn't come around the corner. So it turns out that my phone had no service. So i find service and get a hold of him and guess what, we were at the wrong Terminal. So my cute surprise turned into a disaster in the middle of the night. I thought i was being all cute to surprise him and instead he ended up waiting outside in the cold for 30 min.

The other funny thing was well not so funny at the time. So i was sitting in my recliner with both the kids when i hear this loud bang. I mean really loud. So as i'm nursing the baby, of course, i fly out of the chair and look out the sliding glass door. Nothing is there. So i look out the front window and i see two boys running towards my house. I ran out and asked if they had thrown something at my house and they start freaking out. I guess a hawk had picked up a pigeon off my house and flown up in the air and then it fell back on my house. They said feathers went everywhere. So i go look in my backyard and there it is still alive.. It looked hurt and scared. So i called my neighbor and she paid the boys to get it and "take care of it". I had never been so scared before. How often does that happen?

2 comments:

Shaun Nansel Whipple said...

Thats weird...maybe the Hawk had a heart attack..lol

Myers Mayhem said...

I love that your neighbor paid the boys to "take care of it" do know how much?