Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Great Spiritual Experiance

So Brent and i were on our way out the door this morning to go on a much needed temple trip. Lacy was in the car and Ryan came back in to get his monkey. We searched for over ten minutes for it and just couldn't find it. I mean i was looking in drawers and cupboards. I was desperate, and then the thought came to me to have Ryan say a prayer to help find it. So i went and got him and told him we were going to pray to heavenly father to help us find monkey. We knelt down by the couch and i helped him to say a prayer. When we were finished we talked a little bit about where he had last seen his monkey and he said his room. So before getting up to go i turned around on my knees and there it was, behind the rocking chair underneath some clothes. I know that i would have eventually found it, but if i hadn't been on my knees with Ryan we wouldn't have seen it before we left for the day. Ryan and i talked about how heavenly father can help, even with small things, they key is that you have to ask.
The other great thing that happened was when we were dropping the kids off at my sisters, Ryan picked a flower and brought it to me and asked me to give it to Jesus at the Temple. How cute huh..



4 comments:

Maranda Whittle said...

Those are cute little stories!

Myers Mayhem said...

I love it!

Shaun Nansel Whipple said...

Oh thats awesome!

Momma Dianna said...

That always seems to happen to me too right after I pray. I am constantly reminded that "If you ask, you will receive." It's amazing to see your prayers answered!