Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Time

This was probably my favorite Christmas in a long time. Its not that i haven't enjoyed them in the past, its just that this one went so well. I love being at home. I love having little kids around to bring on that Christmas spirit. I remember last year Ryan didn't quite get what was going on and Lacy just ate the wrapping paper. This year Ryan KNEW what was going on and Lacy was in for the ride. They were so excited about every little thing we did. My mom came to watch my brothers kids, so she was here for Christmas. It was so fun to have her and my little sister around. Lacy just loves Hannah. We started out our festivities this year with a new tradition. Since we will be living here in San Diego for a while i found this really neat thing they do here called the boat parade of lights. Its off the harbor in downtown San Diego. It was absolutely amazing. We sat on the grass and had dinner while watching like a hundred boats pass by all decorated with lights and music. We also went to see Santa. It was actually my first Santa mall experience since having my own kids. It wasn't as bad as i thought and Lacy didn't even cry.
We spent the day before Christmas eve and half of Christmas eve with my mom and sis. We had a good time baking fudge and rolls. I think i can make fudge all by myself now, which is a great achievement for me. Christmas eve we woke up and had monkey bread. My new favorite breakfast desert( thanks Shaun.) Then we decorated Christmas cookies for Santa. We also started another new family tradition and that is to have Carniasata every Christmas eve. Its one of our favorite Mexican dishes. We of course opened our pj presents and took pictures by the tree. Christmas Day was amazing. The kids were so excited. Lacy got a princess chair and Ryan got a scooter among other things. Brent got me the most beautiful necklace and i got him new shoes( how romantic huh?) That night we headed over to my Grandpas for Christmas dinner with the rest of the family here in Cali. It was a great holiday. Having little kids makes it that much more fun. I cant wait till next year. Lacy all decked out in her presents
Ryan with his new race track

Pj pictures- uh i thought i turned this around, maybe not, but i am too tired to change it so i guess you will just have to turn your head to look at it.


decorating cookies



Or should i say eating




Opening presents from grandma




My beautiful fudge


Lacy already helping in the kitchen


And last but not least... Santa and the kids
Paige, Lacy, SANTA, Ryan, and Hunter



7 comments:

Tiffanie White said...

oh sister how I LOVE you! You have become such a great mommy and a good homemaker, it seems as though I'll have to look to my little sister for advice and ideas in my near future and make sure I'm doing things right... OH WAIT, I already do :)

It looks like you guys had so much fun, a little bittersweet that I wasn't there but it was mostly important for me to spend especially this Christmas with my new little family! Someday hopefully we'll all be able to have Christmas together!

I love you and you should try to call on Skype sometime again, its fun talking with you and the kids... we have a busy weekend planned ahead; going to Seoul for New Years (the Capitol of this country) and staying up there for a couple days to explore the city! Well, hopefully we'll talk soon! Happy New Year (and this is so long because I can't call or text you right now, lol)

btw: I'll be home in 11 days! Crazy, huh! Its gone by too fast :(

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hillarie your kids are getting so big! i can't believe it. Such cute christmas pictures i can't wait for the time when aiden actually gets the whole santa thing it will be so much more fun lol, so what is brent up to now that he's done with sales? how long do you guys plan on staying in san diego? Have a good new year i'll talk to ya later! :)

Mead Family said...

So glad you guys are doing well! Sounds like Brent has found his niche and is able to stay with the family which is awesome! Your kids are such fun ages to live by the beach and glad you went on a cruise:)

...Bryan and Sally... said...

OK I just miss you guys! I am sorry i didn't get to see you when we were in san diego in nov. It was a crazy day, and with bryan and his siblings in the wedding party, things got a little busy! I can't wait till we are out there again for the summer and we can play! I hope you guys have a good next few months!

Jenna said...

You have very cute childrens

brady lady said...

lacy has gotten so big! she's so stinkin' cute!