Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Day That Went SOOO Wrong...

But then again what moving day goes great? So yesterday was supposed to go so good, i had it all planned out so perfect. Everything had to go just right for timing purposes and THEN the truck broke down... and it all went down hill from there. Everything took twice as long as it should and then we show up at the apt. Now in my mind i had decided that i would be happy with our new home no matter what, but coming from brand new home and shopping( we are so spoiled in queen creek and Gilbert) to a very old apt in an old area of town was kind of a shock for me. So after a good cry i was on my way to unload the huge truck with all our stuff into a very old very wet apartment( did i forget to mention they couldn't find anyone to get the carpets cleaned until the day we were supposed to move in.) So this is not supposed to be a complaining post i mostly wanted to remember this special day:)
So now i want to list all the things that have gone great over the last couple of days
when we decided to move everything seemed to fall into place namely:
Jason found us a three bedroom apt in just two day( that should have been a clue..oh wait this is the good list,sorry) but three bedrooms that's great right?
We got a moving truck for a pretty good deal
the company is paying for our move
I (along with a couple great helpers) packed my house in just two days
the storage unit gave the military discount even though my sister wasn't there with her id
they also gave us a month free
the kids have been doing great
my sister watched them for like 9 hours while we unloaded the truck
we are staying in a brand new hotel, so nice
my mom offered to pretty much give up her vacation this weekend to help us move here
they haven't figured out we have been sneaking our dog into the hotel yet...don't ask on this one
I'm sure there is quite a bit more...but lastly i moved to the most beautiful place ever:):)

3 comments:

Jamie said...

i hope things continue to look up for you guys!

Shaun Nansel Whipple said...

I hope you ward is at least good.

Jessica Muro said...

Hey! I came up on you blog somehow(small world)but I'm not sure if you heard but Zaak and I are also moving to SD, Cali. for the summer...I hope things get better for you I know what I have to go through now from reading your blog.