Thursday, April 2, 2009

Finally!!!

We finally figured out what was wrong with our poor baby girl. She has been so sick for like a week now and this morning she broke out with a terrible rash that got worse even after a full dose of benadryl. It got so bad i almost couldn't see the white of the skin on her face. I made a last minute decision to take her in and i am so glad i did. So she is allergic to penicillin. She had to get some sort of steroid shot at the doctors and he gave me two more prescriptions for her. This poor girl has been through so much. Thank goodness this looks like the end. I think i need a girls night out...

4 comments:

Jen said...

How scary! I glad she is doing better now.

Shaun Nansel Whipple said...

Poor baby. I'm sure every mom goes through this with kids...you can help me out now if it happens LOL.

Momma Dianna said...

I had that happen to my Lexie at a year old. She was on Amoxicillin for an ear infection and when I went to get her up the next morning after taking it, I didn't even recognize my baby! She was twice the size as normal due to swelling and she had hives everywhere! When I took her back to the doctor, I had to reassure everyone is the waiting room that she didn't have a terrible disease, just an allergic reaction to antibiotics. It was pretty scary looking! I hope Lacy feels better soon and I'm glad that you got to the root of the problem even though it's so sad to see your baby like that!

-The Bergen Family- said...

Oh how scary! Glad it wasn't worse than it was. Ryan is allergic to Penacillion too.