Thursday, March 11, 2010

Lacy & Ryan

Sometimes i feel like life just gets away from me. Days seem like forever, months pass by quickly. I carry my camera a lot less than i used to. I feel like i don't capture as many of those special little memories that i want. Well here are a couple that i did capture that i want to remember. Lacy has been on a clothing binge. She is always putting on lots of clothing. Hers, Ryan's, mine and well anything laying around, hanging up or in Antone's drawers. She is also taking of her clothing these days. Especially at night. I HAVE to check on her at night before i go to bed. MOST nights she is either naked all the way or maybe she just took her diaper off or her pj's. Last night i went in and she had thrown out all her blankets and stuffed animals but she was at least dressed. As i bent down to pick up her blankets i picked up a diaper. I looked over at her and all her clothes were on , so i go over and feel her and yup there is no diaper on.
Here she is with swim diapers around her ankles. She gets really inventive.
I also wanted to note that she is highly afraid of feathers. For some people its foil, some its the dark but my child is afraid of feathers. Also when Lacy is concentrating on things she makes the s sound over and over again. It is the curtest thing. ssssssssssss

Ryan is doing lots of interesting poses for the camera lately. Thank goodness we don't have any clothing issues with him lately. Four is actually going quite well. Now i just have to be constantly teaching lessons, which he actually understands quite a bit. Pre school is going well. He is finally coloring in the lines, which i think is a great achievement. Now the big decision is whether to put him in kindergarten this year or not.


The infamous monkey that he still loves!



I was busy the other day and i knew Lacy was getting in trouble some how because she was really quite. So i go into the kitchen and i see this...




She had pushed a chair over to the pantry, found the packet of hot cocoa, chewed it open and was eating it. I let her have some more as i continued to snap away. I probably should have taken it away and put her in time out or something but i thought it was cute.





Here is Ryan and Avery. They are still inseparable. We shall see what the future holds. I think its so funny that we sit around and talk like our kids are going to get married. I know the chances are slim but wouldn't that be a great story.






Here is Ryan and Lacy having fun, getting everything dirty. As you can see the pine needles all over the porch, i guess i should have swept first.


3 comments:

Tiffanie White said...

I LOVE and admire that you just LET THEM BE KIDS!!!! I think too many moms these days are way too worried about how clean they might be, or how clean their house is, or disciplining them when REALLY they are only kids for so long and although you NEED to teach them lessons like you're doing also, its SO HEALTHY and good to just step back sometimes and LET them enjoy their childhood :)

Thanks for posting the NOT SO PERFECT looking pictures... Too many I think also will only post pictures where there kids are ALL put together and their house is clean in the background!! This is obviously more REAL :) :) Although, I honestly can't say I'm looking forward to messy houses and messy faces knowing the clean freak I am... hopefully I'll learn to cope ;)

Love ya sister!!

Shaun Nansel Whipple said...

Those pictures are so dang funny!! As I'm writing this Abby is distroying my desk drawer. lol

Sherri Romney said...

Hillary I hope I can take the time to see how cute my kids are when they get into things rather than getting upset and putting them in time out all the time. I think I will naturally want to get upset if they get into stuff, but reading your post and seeing the sweet smile on Lacy's face makes me want to try so hard to see how cute situations are. You have adorable kids. Love Ryan's monkey in his jammies. Cute pic