Saturday, September 18, 2010

Life

So life is busy as always! I really want to blog once a week but i realized we don't live a very exciting life. I usually just work out in the morning and keep the kids busy in the afternoon, but i managed to take pictures of a few fun things.Ryan and i like to go on 'dates'
This time we went to McDonald's for some cookies and ice cream. I even climbed around the play place a bit.

Ryan started gymnastics about six weeks ago and has been loving it. Unfortunately this was the last class, but next week he starts Jr. Sports which is eight weeks of trying out all different sports. I hope he we can find one that he is just naturally good at and then start from there. I don't want to force him to do the sport i want him to do(which would be baseball..) So we will see.





Ryan is the one swinging on the bar( thank you Lacy for taking this picture:)



On another note, Lacy started potty training about three weeks ago. She just turned two the end of June so i wasn't so sure how it would go, but i heard girls can train early, so we gave it a try when she started showing signs of readiness. I must say that my next kid i am just waiting until they are like three. Lacy is a little (understatement) stubborn. So lets just say that it didn't take three days but three weeks to get her trained and I wouldn't even say she is a 100 percent. She still likes to surprise me! BUT after all that is said i am so happy to be done with diapers, at least during the day.


And since I am so famous for poop stories on my blog I will now share another... so Lacy at first wouldn't go 'you know' in the potty she would wait till i put a diaper on. The little stinker! So for the past four days she just hasn't gone at all and I kept reminding her that she needs to do it on the potty. " I will give you two gums, a candy, and a Popsicle." and she would say"no." I even tried forcing her to sit there and I tried reading her books on the potty, but nothing happened. So yesterday she comes to me in the middle of the day and says "okay mom, poopoo on the potty." I jumped up and was like "really." She said "yes" and she did. It was so funny, and of course i was so proud. That was a big milestone for us. Now i will just have another baby and be starting all over. I love how that works:)

3 comments:

Jamie said...

that is cute that you make time to take him on little dates. we are just starting to do that with sadie. and that's awesome about the potty training! sadie is almost 3 and she just barely got the hang of it (well, she's still in pull-ups at night). cute pictures!

Shaun Nansel Whipple said...

Another baby?! haha yikes!

Myers Mayhem said...

Yeah Lacy! Yeah mommy! Jealous me!