Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkin Carvin

So as i was shopping at the mall yesterday and ,against my better judgment, decided to stop in and say hi to See's candy. Yummy :)-
All i really wanted was the free tasty but once i got in i felt bad for just walking out so i decided i would buy the family a sucker. I grew up eating them. They are sooo good. 1 vanilla, two chocolate, and 1 butterscotch. We were carving pumpkins that night so i decided maybe we would start a tradition and eat See's candy suckers while carving pumpkins. After looking back at pix I'm not sure it will stick. The kids' faces are a mess in every pix, and that my be my fault for not washing them off, but they were in the middle of eating. Anyways, The night was great. We started off with Criswell's family famous taco night. My Favorite. Then we got out our pumpkins and started the carvin. Ryan was so amazed that they had all that gunk inside. He was so amazed by it that I'm pretty sure he had forgotten since last year. Brent helped Ryan carve his pumpkin and I worked on mine while Lacy watched me. She was content the whole time just sitting in her highchair eating away at her vanilla sucker.
Here she is so happy

Ryan and Brent workin away


This as close to pumpkin carvin as Lacy got



The done deal
( i don't recommend the circle thing, it was really hard)




Once they had the candle inside Lacy thought it was the greatest thing



LACY TRYING ON RYAN'S COSTUME

I don't really need to write much just look at the pix. She spent the whole 2 min trying to take off the bandanna. But she is so cute. Too bad i didn't put on the stripped pants.
















2 comments:

Shaun Nansel Whipple said...

Very cute!! We grew up eating those suckers too. Sooo good.

Maranda Whittle said...

See's suckers are SO good! And the pumpkin with the holes looks really cool, but I would probably never have the patience to try it!