Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Arizona Trip

So i ventured yet again to Arizona HOT HOT AZ. What was i thinking? Its so HOT. But we had a good time and we lived through it. My main reason for going was My sisters baby shower that i was throwing for her. It turned out great. She got a lot of things she will need for her first baby. It was fun to see old friends and just have a good time. Ryan and i got to go visit our friends Shaun and Kati. Its always so fun especially now that our kids are getting old enough to actually play with each other. Thanks Shaun for having us over:)
Another part of the planned trip was to say good bye to our Dog. We have had gabby for 5 1/2 years. She was our first "child." It was a very hard decision to let her go. But it was also way hard on me in a little apt with two small kids. It wasn't like a house where you could open the back door and let her do her business. Once we made the decision i felt guilty every time i thought about it, but there were already arrangements made for her and we couldn't back out. I guess i probably wouldn't have anyways. She has a good home now with a family that will love her and most likely give her way more attention that we were able to give. I cried the whole time i was at there house dropping her off. It was pretty embarrassing, although i am sure they understood. I told Ryan that the reason we had to get her a new home was because it was hard for me to take her down the stairs and that i had to leave them up there sometimes, so on the way back to my moms Ryan kept saying that he would take her down the stairs for me, or that Daddy would do it. It was so sad.
So far i am not quite used to it. I still come home and look for her to be waiting at the door. I still drop food in the kitchen and look down to see if she is getting it. AND man oh man is my floor dirty. I swear i never had to mop because that was Gabby's job. No wonder why she was fat. Lacy drops ( i mean throws) so much food i could probably feed a small town in Africa. But we are getting used to it and Ryan is already talking about 'when we get a house we can get another Gabby dog.' I havent told him that that might be a LONG time from now.

1 comment:

Amy S. said...

I remember when you first got Gabby at the NC office! Awwwww.....that's sad, but I understand. Dogs are a lot of work. I want to kill mine from time to time. Not literally, but ya know.... and if she's in a good home, no worries. She'll be happy :) I think it's waaaay harder on us 'humans' :)